Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I had a good and not so good day today. Today's Huiling's birthday and me, being the nice me (as usual right? =P), went down to her office lugging a bouquet of flowers and a plastic bag of presents for her. It was quite embarrassing lugging a bouquet of flowers around. Couldn't find the intense red tulips that she wanted so I settled for 7 different colour roses. Gave her 7 champagne roses during last Appreciation CG so didn't want to be so b-o-r-i-n-g. Anyway, for those who are interested to know what was in the plastic bag, here's what was in it :

1. A Baby Pooh bear wearing a lime green shirt from ACTION CITY.
2. A Baby Care Magazine January - June 2005 issue.
3. A Box of Chocolates
4. A Birthday Card from my favourite card shop at Plaza Sing.

I hope she likes them but somehow I have a feeling that her favourite gift of all is the baby care magazine. You should see her face when she came out from her office holding the magazine in her hand and demanding, "Deborah Kong! What is this?!?!?!" Her hands poking the magazine. That expression was PRICELESS and I mean it. :D

Happy Birthday my dear Huiling! May this year be a year of BREAKTHROUGHS for you!

Today was also a terrible day cuz I did disastrously for my Mock Exam paper. Again, I screwed up Jeeshan's paper BIG BIG time. I seriously ought to have sticked with my decision to NOT turn up for the paper today. Guess what brilliant thing I did today? You wouldn't be able to guess it. Even my classmates flipped when I told them about it.

Ok. So I went for lunch with Darren and co. after I met up with Huiling. We made our way back to school and reached class a few minutes before the paper started. The exam started. I looked at the question paper and I thought I couldn't answer any. Then I thought, maybe I should try. I can answer some but not in details. So I took out my foolscap and attempted to try. I did a question each from each Section as required but I didn't write a full essay for each 3. Then, after the paper, I realized that I made mistakes that no one in my class will ever make. Or should I say, no Lit student will ever make.

Mistake number 1: I attempted to write about James Joyce's A Portrait of The Artist As A Young Man. Ok. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that right? But NO. Instead of writing, "A Portrait of The Artist As A Young Man", a clever me wrote, "James Joyce's A Portrait of The Artist As A Young Boy." Spot the mistake?

Mistake number 2: Charlotte Bronte wrote Villette, and Jane Eyre, while Jane Austen wrote Emma and Pride and Prejudice. I struggled with which author wrote which text in the last Mock Exams and this time thinking I knew very well who wrote which text now, I screwed up again and wrote that Charlotte Bronte wrote Villette and Pride and Prejudice.

Don't I deserve a big tight slap across my face? When I told Mel about it, she was like, "Wah lau you. I thought I was very jialat. You're worse!!" I agreed of cuz with what she told me. Last Mock Exam, I still could go to Uma and ask her what I should do. This Mock Exam, I'm left to fend for myself. As I sat with my classmate waiting for Darran, Joan and Vivan to come down, I asked Mel if I should send Jeeshan an email to apologise for writing crap in his paper. She said I should and that emailing would be a better choice since it wouldn't be so embarrassing. They were telling me that Jeeshan will surely laugh when he reads it.

Anyway, I saw Jeeshan and I went up to him to "confess" what I had done. And true enough, when I told him about what I wrote for "A portrait", he laughed out loud and mumbled something that I didn't catch. =/ Darran and the 2 of them came down and they heard of my foolishness and all of them laughed at me.

Seriously, who can I blame for making such a disastrous mistake? No one but myself. I tried hard. But not hard enough. I'm still studying but only with half my heart. What's wrong with me? I'm sure Jeeshan must be wondering what in the world I'm doing in his class. I attend all his lessons and yet, I can do such a thing. This is incredible and no one can do it so brilliantly, except me.

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

11:23 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies