Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Monday, March 14, 2005

I'm so tired!! Why? Cuz I've been studying(yes. I am studying.) with darranz and Mel these few days. Think we'll be studying together everyday. Mel joins us slightly later cuz she has got to give "tuition" to her little brother.(We've been studying at AMK library. She lives at AMK) I'm very tired. Haha. Not exactly can drop dead and die that kind but just tired.

I'm determined to get my diploma. Afterall, I made the choice to take up this course. Even if it was a bad choice, I have to face up to the music and do whatever I can till the end of the course. Even if I don't get my pass, I would know that I've done my best. (Perhaps not yet.) Anyway, it's nice studying with Darranz and Mel. Darranz is a genius and with him beside me when I read my text, I don't have to worry about not understanding the text at all! When I read and I come across a sentence I don't understand or why a certain character says this, do that or why there are certain scenes, I'll just turn to him and he'll ask me, "What do you think?" Of cuz I'll answer, "I don't know." But he won't give me the answer straight away. He'll tell me, "Marlowe himself is against religion. So why do you think Faustus behaves the way he does?" Then I'll tell him what I think and if I'm right, he'll say yup, if I'm wrong he'll go on to explain. Like, "During the Renaissance Period, there was a rise in what?" And I'll tell him the answer and then I'll slowly get it. It's cool to have someone like him. Hahaha. Me and Mel are the same. We ask Darranz each time we don't understand anything from the text.

It's a good environment cuz we encourage each other to read. It gets pretty tiring reading and understanding so when one of us finish reading a book, we'll clap and go "yay". Hahaha. Whenever Mel gets bored from reading (especially after the 1st page), we'll just talk for about a minute and take up her book and ask her to read before we talk. I think it works cuz when she went out of the library for her usual smoke, she brought the book out too! Me and Darranz were like, "Wah!." And Darranz wanted to buy 4D. She managed to finish reading that book, and I finished reading 2 and a half books! :D Let's hope it'll continue.

The reason why I'm so tired is also because I'm checking out my new game - SIMS 2. Mel lent it to me. It's not bad. Gets alittle boring at time but it sure is addictive! Thinking of getting it for myself too. The expansion pack is out. SIMS 2: University. Hahaha. Didn't know how to play at first, but after some trial and error and reading the manual, I think I know how to play. I sleep at 5 every morning now! Hahaha!

Anyway, now for my 2 cents worth on the incident about SAC's Lit students doing the wrong genres for the O Level exams. I won't go into detail about who I think is at fault, but to think it slipped passed so many people, (the principal, subject head, subject teachers, MOE, Examination board, Cambridge) is appalling! How can that ever happened? What I want to blog about is that SAC girl whom The New Paper interviewed.

To paraphrase the girl, she said that she missed on collecting about S$200 worth of ang bao monies becuz she had to catch up on the reading. Obviously, she's sore about the school changing texts only in March causing them the hassle of having to read another text before the 'O' levels. I don't understand why she had to say that becuz she had a choice whether to go visiting or to stay home and read. To say the error by the school cost her S$200 worth of ang bao monies is ridiculous. I mean, it's not as if the school did it on purpose and then are not going to do something about it right? Infact, there'll be extra classes for them during the March Holidays and June holidays. What's there to grumble about? Besides they're O levels students and would have to go back for extra classes during the holidays anyway. She didn't have to add fuel to the fire, and deal a blow to SAC's already dwindling reputation. With students like her, it's no wonder SAC is no longer the school it used to be. Even if you hate the school, you shouldn't be saying things like this to the press. It's about respecting the school you go to, and not biting the hand that feeds you. Grow up girl!

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

7:42 PM
Comments:
kudos to studying! :D jia you deb!
-cherie-
 
Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies