Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Friday, June 24, 2005

Today as I was on my way home from CG with Huiling, Huiling asked me a question which set me thinking. 'So, what period are you at now?' she asked me. What period am I at now? Building Period? That brought me back to what I learnt at Bible Study yesterday.

Bro Bobby was preaching about God's Building Plan and that how the bible describes the life of a believer to the construction of a building. He was sharing about how the foundation is the most important in any construction. Using blocks to illustrate, he showed us how unsteady a construction will be if the foundation is not properly laid. Why do some people's life fluctuate like the stock market - one moment high and flying, the other moment, low and crawling? Because the foundation is weak, and unsteady.

I remember in one of my previous entry, I talked about looking for the Rock that will steady me and allow me to lean on. What is that Rock? Who is that Rock? Now I know. It's Jesus Christ. He is that Rock, that foundation to my christian life. My life should be built upon Him and not on any other thing. Which brings it back to putting God not only in 1st place but as the only One.

I've since been to 3 CG meetings with my new CG and I've received alot in these 3 meetings. Perhaps its because it's a new environment, with new people, I find myself being less self-conscious. No longer is there the heart pounding furiously, and the face turning red when asked to share during discussions. At least, that was what happened today. In fact, I look forward to CG, to the Word that Sis Glyn is going to share and to receive from her. And I thank God that I'm beginning to know my CG members more.

Sure, there are times when I'll wonder to myself and ask, 'how long is this 'change' going to last? How long before I fizzle out again? Am I ever going to be as spiritual as my cg members?' But now I know, as long as I lay Jesus as the foundation rock of my life, this foundation will be immovable. Now, it's back to laying the foundation for me. To know Jesus as the God who lives and who is real. To know Jesus as the only One, and for Jesus to be the centre of my life. Help me, Lord.

And to quote John, 'He must increase, but I must decrease.'

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

1:35 AM
Comments:
Gambate~ =)
 
Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies