Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I never knew that so many people was concerned about my future. Just recently when my relatives came over to my house for desserts, my future had the honour to be the "around-the-table" topic of the day.

My relatives were having a brain-storming session on what I can do and should do. What made the session less serious was that no one took down minutes or notes. I didn't know what the discussion was about, only heard a glimpse when I went down to tell my cousin-in-law that ESPN was not showing the Newcastle match due to traffic congestion.

"Oh.. Maths and Science..." was what I heard just as I was stepping into the kitchen. All eyes was on me when I walked in, and my aunt went, "Hey! We're just talking about you! Talking about what course you can study."

To which I replied with an awkward smile, "Talking about me ah? Ha. Oh. Then I better leave. Happy discussing. By the way, I just came to tell Ryan that the newcastle match is not showing anymore. Bye!". It's quite embarrassing actually to have so many people telling you what you can and should do when I myself don't even know what I can do or should do.

Anyway, I knew the contents of the discussion through my mum. We were waiting for the bus when she went, "oh. you know ah, that day we were talking about you. We were talking about doing some franchising and stuff, and I casually mentioned to your Uncle about buying the Ya Kun franchise. Guess what? He called me the next day!"

I was like, "Oh ok. So he's interested?"

My mum replied, "No la. He was telling me that there'll be a coffeeshop/market opening at People's Park. He suggested to rent a stall and never mind about the course of rental. Then Deborah can run the foodstall. I told him I'll discuss with your father before getting back to him."

-My jaw dropped and I laughed out loud.-

I went, "Huh?!! Are you joking?? Do you all really think my future is so bleak???" Of cuz I'm not saying that being a hawker = bleak future la. But... I mean, I'm open to the idea la. However, I'll still like to believe that... Ok, I don't know what I'll still like to believe.

Sometimes I appreciate the concern, sometimes, I just wish they won't care so much. Then again, I can't afford to put it off anymore. It being, anything and everything.

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

10:06 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies