Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Monday, July 17, 2006

"Do you know what is the meaning of Perseverance…? Continuing on a course of action despite previous setbacks or failures…"


I started on something a month ago in a bid to advocate a change in my life. One month has since passed, and to be honest, it hasn't been easy. Everyday has been a mad mad struggle. I feel exposed. Feel as though the whole world now knows my darkest, deepest, dirtiest secret. The brutality of the truth and the unrelenting pressure from trying to change and choose Good is torturous. The agony of not being able to go through the week unscathed and the need of having to try again, and again, and again, and again is sometimes...trying. The guilt and the shame that follows after suffocates.

The night seems longer. The silence in the head pounds louder.

They tell me I must persist and I must press on. They said they are believing for me and with me. Rev Robb Thompson said Good is a choice and evil, a persuasion. Coleridge said that Hope without an object cannot live. In this case, where or what is my object?

Someone also told me before that the road to change is painful, and the road back into the Light can sometimes be still kind of dark. But this someone also said she wanted me to keep walking and to keep wanting to change. This "trying to change" has made me realize what a horrible person I am, and how it seems I am always not big enough to overcome. I'm tired of pretending - pretending that nothing happened and that everything is normal. Life goes on, but it is definitely not normal.

She asked me if I knew what the meaning of Perseverance was last night and she must have been trying to tell me to persevere, to hang in there. Today is the start of another week and I almost faltered again. Thankfully, I remembered just in time about what she said yesterday and what she has always been saying to me. I must not yield, and I must persevere. I must not falter again and I must get through the week unscathed. But, what a tall order it is for me to accomplish…

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

8:01 PM
Comments:
What exactly are you persevering from? Diet, becoming vegetarian, stop watching Tv? Sounds like questions from a bimbo but I am just really curious cos U sound like it is torturous!
 
hahaha!

well... i could do with watching lesser TV, going jogging more... studying more... sleeping more..

:)

actually its not very torturous la. it's something that can be done i guess. jus that me being the pessimistic me...

haha

yep.
 
Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies