Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Saturday, December 30, 2006

After tomorrow, we gotta bid 2006 goodbye and say hello to 2007. Time passes so incredibly quickly that sometimes its frightening.

I can safely say that 2006 have been not a bad year. Except for the death of my foster father, I guess everything's just fine. What more can I ask for?

Working for a year or so at Mitsui has certainly exposed me to the harsher reality of the world. How it is a "if it doesn't benefit me, why should I go the extra mile for you" world. Then I started doing my diploma in Mass Communications, something that the people around me have been telling me that I can do and should do. Well, I don't think I'm faring too bad except failing Econs.

Met new people, new classmates, new friends. I'm slowly adjusting to school and to the different personalities of my classmates, and not dreading school so much. At least, doing a presentation infront of the class is not as daunting as before and now I dare to "voice out" during discussions.

Joined a new CG at the end of April, and I must say that it is the highlight of the year. Had one of the best appreciation CG this year and I must really thank them for daring to trust and believe in someone like me to be part of the appreciation team. Learnt many new things from them and met many new nice friends.

Siang, a wonderful leader and friend. An amazing woman who is selflessness personified. You'll never find someone like her anywhere.

Jane, Joyce, Warren, the "serangoon kids" for bringing much joy into my life. Jane for always being so kind to send me home, or pick me up from home. Joyce for always being so fierce to me and insisting I can only drink when I reach 25. Warren for just being him.

My big sister Louisa, for showing me what loving people is really about. For always blessing me and insisting that she'll pay this round, and I'll treat her the next but it seems that she's always treating me.

Huiling, for making such an impact in my life when I was with her in the previous CGs. We've come a long way now, and I'm determined to make us last.

Cris & Hui Nah, the lovely couple who always seem to go the extra mile for everybody. Always inviting me over to their place and not minding me being a huge lightbulb. Cris for driving me around when I needed to go to some places, and Hui Nah, for being such a bubbly friend. Her crazy antics drives me mad yet she has a heart of gold. Thanks for trusting Jane and me enough to do your wedding montage.

Thow Wee, for always being so steady. Sometimes I wish I was half as witty as you. You definitely deserved the Most Outstanding Award.

Amazing people them all. My CG is full of amazing people and I'm so thankful that I'm able to be part of them. Looking forward to crossing over to the next year with ya guys. It's gonna be a great year for all of us. We're all gonna go from glory to glory.

Then there is Cherie who got attached this year and went to Oz to study. Really glad for ya gal, that what you're doing is really what you want to do. Though we hardly catch up now, partly due to the fact that you're neglecting me because of your boyfriend, but you know I still care and I still love ya. You and Sal will always be my "meet 3 times a year" friends.

Mel, for always being such a joy to go karaoke-ing and shopping with. You know I love you and I guess that's enough. Things are pretty tough for you now, but I'm sure everything will be fine. 2007 will be great year for ya!

Huiying, my boss Jiahui, and Soo Chin, for being a quiet inspiration to me. We don't get to talk so often now, but the 3 of you are still people I know I can turn to when I need ya.

All of you guys have been amazing and I really look forward to a greater 2007 with ya all.

Goodbye 2006. Hello 2007.

Will the world end when people are counting down on the 31st of December? I seriously wonder.

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

10:18 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies