Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Monday, March 05, 2007

Failure is not easy to take and it will never be easy. It takes a brave soul to stand up to the defeat, to say, “I’ll try again”, and to put aside all the ridicule, the harsh words, the disapproving looks, and the condemnation from others and from oneself. Not many people can boast such strength. Well, at least not me.

I never liked results day because I always knew I was not going to make it. There were times I wondered why I had to be called into the counseling room while the rest of my classmates/friends were celebrating and rejoicing in the hall. I don’t think I was any less hardworking than my other classmates/friends but it seem like I was always the one in the clique to fail something. The feeling sucks and it sucks big time.

Sometimes I tell people that Failure is my best friend. I’m so immune to it that I don’t think I can shed another tear over it. They say “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”. Denial at work? Perhaps so. Truth is, the words people say can break a soul.

I can tell you it doesn’t hurt when my dad and the people around me says:

“You’re an overage student. By right, you should ace all your modules”,

“Your papers are so easy. I can close 1 eye and yet still get all As”, “Student from Victoria JC dies? She must have been too stressed. No wonder you are still alive”,

“Study for so many years still cannot pass, might as well go out and work”,

“The papers must be very easy right? That’s why you got all As”,

“I’m glad you realize you have been repeating for a long time now”,

“Did you print your own result slips?”,

but in actual fact, it is such flippant and senseless comments that cuts the deepest.

I guess at the end of the day, the conclusion is that people can say whatever they want to say. What matters the most is the courage to stand up and to fight again. I don’t think I’m doing too badly in MDIS, and I agree that even if I put in only 50% of my effort, I can easily get a C, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t work hard to get my A.

I still think I won’t make it in life, but at least I haven’t given up yet. Well, I might prove myself wrong in time to come. Who knows? Anyway, nobody said you will only succeed if you get into NUS, NTU or SMU. There are many options and roads in life, and not everyone will walk on the same path. Look for yours and don’t follow blindly.

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

4:47 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies