Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.The Abyss.

"The road to change is painful, and the road back into the light can sometimes be still kind of dark.." `Siang

Current Read:

.Didis and Gogos.

. Baby Microphone .
. Cherie .
. Chew Yue .
. Christine .
. Huiling .
. Huiying .
. Jane .
. Jiahui .
. Kenneth .
. Melissa .
. Salina .
. Soo Chin .
. Sun Ho .
. Roy .

.Rant & Rave.


.Past Ramblings.

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Well, today I started my advanced diploma in Mass Communications. Going back to school has always been a struggle to me and I kinda am doing this advanced diploma rather reluctantly.

When I walked into the school compound, an air of familiarity greeted me. It felt kinda strange too, to be back after a 2 months plus hiatus from school. I didn't know what to expect since I was going to meet new classmates. First day of a new semester, you kinda feel lost somehow. As the lecture went on (my lecturer is a senior producer for Channel News Asia. How cool is that?), I couldn't help but wonder whether I made the wrong decision to do my advanced diploma part time.

The thought of having to break into groups, do group presentations (AGAIN!) made me wish I had joined my ex-classmates in the full-time course. We had our fair share of friction and I know I swore I wouldn't want to work with them again, but it's always easier to work with people you already know. At least I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of making new friends considering how anti-social I am. Well, I was seriously chiding myself for trying to be funny and attempting to do the course part-time when I can do it full-time. It didn't help when 1 of my ex-classmate texted me and said, "See la! You should have joined us! We're all still in the same class.."

But what Dr Joyce Meyer preached over the weekend kept ringing in my head. We're concentrating so much on ourselves that it bothers us what people are thinking and saying about us. I remember I kept repeating to myself "it's not about me. I must decrease and He must increase. I must decrease and He must increase. I must decrease and He must decrease", as I tried to counter all the negative thoughts that was forming.

It's really really not easy. But I tell myself, somehow or another, I'll still have to break out of my comfort zone. So even though doing the course full-time will mean I get to work with my ex-classmates whom I am already very comfortable with, it doesn't hurt too much working with new people in my current class. Life's never easy and sometimes doing the right thing is pretty uncomfortable. Guess I should just do it and see how it goes. It shouldn't be that bad.. (right?). Well, pray for me.

Staring into the Abyss,
kAeJ

12:52 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Layout by Yiling of Anime Skies